
Its the first scarf of the season! That makes it sound like I am a practiced knitter, but the truth is, I am not. I learned how a few years a go and then I forgot again. But I relearned in October, and went about knitting this scarf. I had to take out some stitches a few times, and at first I didn't see how this could ever be relaxing, my hands cramps, my shoulders got sore, but after awhile, I started to get it, knitting at first makes you think only about the project, so your mind isn't thinking about other things, and then slowly you get into a rhythm, and you relax. But it takes awhile, I am nowhere near some of the fabulous kniters I am in acquaintance with, and those peeps would probably say that they aren't that great either, but it definitely gives me something to shoot for. It took me a few weeks to complete it, and I can knit while watching tv, which is necessary for me as I have a huge need to multitask my fun these days. For my next project I am going to learn to increase and decrease, so I am going to make a head scarf for practice. I have a knifty knitter that is faster than knitting the regular way, but I like learning the old-fashioned way.
1 comment:
Cindy - let's start a "I wish I were a better knitter" club :) I just picked up needles I bought last January and started my first "something" on Wednesday while watching Project Runway! I hope it turns into a great scarf like yours but I think it may end up being the smallest baby blanket ever :)
XXOO
Kristen
Post a Comment