November 19, 2007

Little House on the Prairie Fan, and Proud of it!

D and I are in the process of archiving our childhood photos that are in various stages of disrepair, from the faded orange/yellow patinas of the 70s, to the scratchy poloroids of the 80's in order to preserve them in some sort of digital archive. A couple of years ago my mom put together a photo album of each of my sister's and my personal photos, divided up evenly between the three of us girls. So after looking at my school photos, it appears in addition to some questionable hairdo choices, I seem to be a little bit of a Little House on the Prarie fanatic, or at least super fond of flowered neckhigh uncomfortable looking dresses. I know it was the 70's, when the whole patchwork, flowered thing was in, but beyond my mom's affinity for the dress, I seem to have taken it to a new level. I did have a brief reprive in 1983 when I wore some Renaissancian Hazzah! looking dress for pics, but for the most part, right off the compound or the prairie. I took a look at other peoples photos from this era, and have found that most every other kid is NOT wearing these weird dresses. My sisters didn't wear these dresses, it must have been my personal choice. Ok, I admit it, I was and am obsessed with Little House. I read all the books, and wanted Michael Landon to be my dad. And who didn't want to run around crazy after a dog named Jack and beat up Nellie Olsen. I have only met a few other people in my entire life to profess love for the Little House, so if you are one, be proud, I won't laugh!! There is a lovely background added to one my Flickr photos, which makes me laugh. Oh yeah, and for anyone who wants to borrow the first 8 seasons of Little House I have them on DVD.....

No comments: