November 5, 2007
New job is like first day of school
This weekend I attended a wedding in Globe, AZ for a library colleague of whom I am taking over her position. The wedding was lovely and I was able to take my car out on the winding 77 highway at night. It was beautiful, and I kept my brights on in case some animal ran across the road, I wanted to be prepared. I listened to some 70's soul, and Dennis asked me, "Are you ready for your first day of school, I mean work?" Funnily enough, I think we don't change much from kid to adult in respect to how we feel about the first day of school, or work. As a kid, I really didn't like the first day of school. In fact, I got a pit in the bottom of my stomach every year I started school, especially in elementary. I was overwhelmed with questions -- Where will my desk be? Will the other kids smile at me? Will the kids laugh at my outfit? Will I be able to find the bathroom? Whats for lunch? Will I know how to act? Funnily enough, this doesn't really change much as an adult. I still have these same questions, except now its like, will I know what I am doing? Can I fake it til I make it? Will people be nice to me? So weird. Nothing ever changes. In school, after a few weeks later, I got over the initial panic, and relaxed and was just fine. So, we I will report back in a few weeks, and hopefully, everything will be just fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Day #1 is done! How was it? What did you wear on your first day of school yesterday? xoxoxo
Post a Comment