So after working with mostly women, I didn't realize how the watercooler talk is so different for men versus women. For example, us gals talk about shoes, their workouts, accessories, relationships, dieting, hobbies, and products. So I sit in a series of 8 cubes, 4 on each side, and I sit at the top of the cube. The girl next to me talks to everyone in the cube, especially a gal who sits in the back of the 8 cube set up. For example, this is a conversation I overheard in my cubeal area last friday.
"I have a headache." (women whine, men don't) - by the way, I am not judging, just remarking on the different types of conversations. "Here, try this blue oil from Aveda." Ooo, I love Aveda blue oil!" "At Aveda they give you yummy smelly stuff to smell when you get your hair done. I joined this conversation because I too, am a follower of the blue oil.
Here is what they guys discussed today, the other 5 people in my cubeal area, who also talk about random crap, but its different. Everything starts with Dude....
"Dude, I didn't drink too much last night, I only had 8 beers."
"Dude, the ball sac on the old guys at the gym is intense! Like 2 feet long, heh, heh.
(I have never heard the words ball sac at work. )
"Dude, sharks will come to the surface if you through chum out, you should go fishing in the ocean, I saw some great ones on Shark Week."
"Dude, girls that cut their hair can look like lesbians, but how short is too short, from where a girl looks super hot to a gal who eats tuna (no joke, I quote, is the guy homophobic or just a douche?). "
November 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that is really funny! I always think about how working with guys would be totally different..but never imagined that. hahaha
I think you got it right on. In fact, it sounds like they are carrying on the same conversations....I guess I shouldn't be surprised!
Post a Comment