November 12, 2007
Natural Gas leak
So my first two weeks are off and running, and I am getting the lay of the land. It looks like you can wear whatever you want. I have now seen a guy with a long ponytail, girls wearing jeans, and pretty much anything you can wear in office attire, and lab coats. Whew. I don't have to get a new wardrobe after all. I am getting used to working with mostly men, so that when I look around at meetings or around the discovery floor, all I see is dudes. This is very different than all of my other jobs, where I have been one of many, many ladies. This takes some getting used to. For one thing, there aren't that many people to admire new shoes. This is something guys hardly ever do, but women will always notice if you have on cute shoes. We also have natural gas leaks. This happens when someone is doing some sort of experiment in the labs and it goes into our ventilation system. Nice huh? All day I felt lightheaded and sickly, and I thought it was something I ate, it turns out its because I have been inhaling natural gas all day. Super. Sewage, mold, and natural gas are all among the hazards that I have faced at work, I am probably going to have a baby with gills if I ever have one. It makes me nostalgic for the horrible burnt popcorn smell that permeated my second to last job. Oh smelly popcorn...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment