December 1, 2007

Just like Liz Lemon

You ever have a moment where you watch a tv show or a movie and you relate so much to a particular character that you think, " wow, I am just like that, they are writing about me! The character is so great, cute and loveable, with some likeable faults, like Bridget Jones." But what if the depiction isn't particularly flattering, or people say, "Oh, I hate that character, she kills the show!" Do you lie and say; "yeah she kills the show, she sucks", and secretly hang your head in shame? NO, you never felt like that? Ok, me either.. (hanging my head in shame again). But just for fun, lets pretend I am feeling like that about Tina Fey's 30 Rock character Liz Lemon. It has taken me about 15 or so episodes to come to grips with this. I realize that Tina Fey is famous, and she writes some really funny comedic bits, and so she has written this character in this way, and I know the character is fake, but I feel like Liz Lemon.
LL is a workoholic, she isn't particularly trendy, (although I really like the clothes she wears on the show, of course I do), she likes to go to bed early, she drinks pinot grigio, she gets leaves and food in her hair and stains on her clothes, she doesn't like James Blunt, she likes to eat meaty sandwiches and blocks of cheese while watching Top Chef in her pj's and says things like "jellin like Magellan." I wish I were kidding, but sadly I am not, I actually said the word jellin to a group of 20 year olds and they laughed out loud at me and said, "Isn't that from a Dr. Sholls ad?" Yep, thats me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX5Rm83EHBk

I can testify that cindy will dance at the drop of a hat, say all kinds of everything that she think of, eats most foods that children stop eating at age 8, use words like "word", "gellin'" etc. and that's why i love her.

Unknown said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf8Ucg31LcA

Anonymous said...

I think you're wonderful...so do my kids!