November 18, 2008

Return to Facebook

Ok, so much for updating my blog everyday. I should never make sweeping statements that I am going to update all the time, because I totally don't do it. I have a prob with personal follow through. Work, not so much, but at home, yeah, that couch is oh so comfy after dinner.. So instead of updating my blog, in my limited computer away from work away from tv time, I have been wasting much time on Facebook, and happily surprised.

Back in the early days of Facebook when you needed to have a college email, I got an account just to see what the Eller Sucks club was all about, but then I didn't want to know what students were doing, and I didn't want the students to see me on there, so I sorta went off for awhile. I was on and off for awhile, and now I am on again. The complaint I hear about facebook is that its not personalized enough, but for those of us that like quick load times and easy to use formatting, its great, but still lots of people I know aren't on it.

But in days, I am now connected to hs peeps, school peeps, work peeps, (except Ventana where I have no peeps, sad) and its so easy for me to stay connected. Its nice be connected to people that you don't see often, or even good friends and just chat. I can just go on there and see what people are doing and comment. Takes 5 min, and I am totally up to date on what they are doing.

What I find so facinating about Facebook is that young kids have a digital history, like D's 18 yr old niece who is a facebook friend is on there all the time, and has 1,500 friends, her entire friend history will be logged forever without gaps in history, all the good and bad moments. Will she still have that many friends when she is 30? 60? How will class reunions be different? Will more people show up? Most of the people I saw at my hs class reunion are linked, and a few of those are people that I have known since kindergarten. Talk about life published. I guess mine will be from here on on out.

No comments: