When D and I decided that we could finally get excited about the idea of starting a human family, since our feline children were doing well, we joked about the fertile myrtle syndrome that runs in my family --my sisters and mom all got knocked up on their first tries, and my mom told me to be ready, because it would happen fast. D and I laughed about how we would explain away my expanding belly in the photos of Hawaii as proof of my love of tasty wine and beer. But so far Ms. Scarlet the unwelcome houseguest continues stopping by on her regular visit to torment my body every month. Last month she had me sobbing and influencing my inability to turn off back-to-back episodes of Intervention. That wench. So 4 months later, (which I realize isn't a long time) I am now guessing that I am the exception to the family rule. Which I find super hilarious, because I have spent most of my greater part of my adult life trying NOT to get pg, but now when I am all gung ho to have my own little Fez, no luck. Suck.
My primary care doc said don’t worry about it, check back with me at a year if no luck, but I got to thinking that at a year I would already be 35, so I called another ob/gyn for a second opinion and she said, nope, go get on the schedule to see a specialist, because it will take awhile to get in and see them anyway. So what’s a gal to do? Do I make the appointment or wait and see. Ack. Sigh. I am hoping that all of this will just happen naturally and I don’t have to involve pills or injections, but since the first available fertility appointment is two months away, anything can happen between now and then, I figured why not make the appointment. I can always cancel.
So I thought it would help me to talk about it on this blog. So those of you who pray, or who send out good energy, give a shout out for me.
November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good luck Cindy! I know it can be frustrating process, so I sympathize. I'm happy you are sharing though...it definitely helped with my frustrations trying to get pg with Benny. I'll be thinking of you and Dennis.
I can't wait to meet a little Fez either!! I am sending good vibes your way and I know you will make the best parents - ohdeedoh ohdeedoh ooooheeedoh!
sending positive energy, prayers your way!
I am sending all my fertile vibes your way...go see the specialist! Be proactive!
I love you!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment