November 1, 2008

Halloween

My mom retired from the government after 26 years of service on Halloween, so I took the day off and went to her luncheon. It was quite nice to see how much people enjoyed working with her over the years. Her boss who is in his mid 30's made a slideshow for her to the song "Rollin'" and photoshopped her face on to some old people riding Rascals, it was pretty funny.


We carved a pumpkin using the Obama logo, I am so nervous for this election, argh...

We had over 200 kids come to our house for trick or treating in our neighborhood, and for the 4th year in the row, we had over 200 kids. It looked like a block party full of Batman, Spiderman, pirates, witches, princesses, fairies, ghouls for awhile, all the kids walking around in the street. Who says you can't have old school trick or treating? All the parents are around my age, and I think its safe to say that neighborhood trick or treating is on an upswing, except that far more people are driving and getting in and out of cars instead of walking. I say, put the car away and walk!


Dennis as black metal tennis player.

We went to see the Zsas Zsas perform at Congress, and they didn't block off the whole street like usual this year. We saw some great costumes, lots of pirates, a great PacMan, sexy John Wilkes Booth, and a very cute Juno and Pauly Bleeker. I went as a beatnik, D as a black metal(Norwegian heavy metal) tennis player, and some people thought he was the Geico guy?

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love you all. Had so much fun hanging out this weekend. xoxo - R

Atomicprncss said...

Cin where's your Halloween picture? Love Dennis' costume.