November 26, 2008

Knees that go click

A couple months ago while walking through the lab corridors on waxy linoleum holding my laptop with both arms teetering on high heels, I slipped and fell, and in effort to save my computer, I landed smack down on my knees and slid across the floor. Ouch is an understatement. Clinical lino tile is not cushy. I should have thrown the computer and saved the knees. The knees swole up, and I still have mobility, but ever since then, my knees click and now I can't sit in lotus pose anymore. So today I went back again and found out that the clicking is an age related thing, and that the problem to deal with is that I need to strengthen the muscles in my inner thigh to get the knee pulling less to the outer thigh, this means more workouts. Which is ok with me, I need a good reason to be consistent at the gym anyway, bring on the fight against clicky knees!

No comments: