April 7, 2008

Breaking the caffeine crutch

I am caffeine free until the 30th of April. Seems long I know, but the best way to break a cycle of habit is to do it for at least 3 weeks, so I rounded up until the end of the month. I have had at least a coffee or soda each and every day for 10 years, and Diet Coke is the worst ever for you, so I am breaking the cycle and giving my adrenal glands a break. There is not much motivation to do this, like there would be if I was pregnant for example or diabetic, or only had access to water, but I am hoping I can permanently break this caffeine addiction once and get rid of the crutch. What I have noticed so far: I felt like crap - The first few days without caffeine were horrible. I was tired and cranky and had a headache that wouldn't go away. I have been drinking decaf green tea every day trying to trick my mind into thinking it is waking me up in the morning. After a few days on no caffeine, I still have a headache, but the twitchy irritated feeling went away.

--Job Update--
At the end of March I heard back from Pima and UT Austin, and no interviews for either. The UT Austin job had 150 applicants! I asked for feedback, and heard that even though it was an entry level job, I didn't have enough experience teaching info lit so I couldn't make it to the next round. So I have stopped looking for now, and staying put where I am for at least a year, learn as much as I can, and see what happens.

3 comments:

Atomicprncss said...

Read this before you suffer more.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7326839.stm

Anonymous said...

Caffeine free since Dec 24th! Power through girl - it gets better. The worst was returning to work...something about work makes me crave a big Cherry Coke or DP!

My fav treat now - Izze!

Anonymous said...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7326839.stm