April 16, 2008

Green Drink anyone??

For 24 hours this weekend I only had juice or slush as it actually turned out of fruit and veggies, emulsified in the blender that Dr. Oz talks about, and it was a detox routine that was highlighted on a blog I like to read about cancer called Crazy Sexy Cancer. No I don't have cancer, but I have to constantly try to find places to learn about cancer, molecular biology, chemistry, etc. in terms that I can understand for work context. I realize this blog isn't scientific, but the blog writer has cancer and has guest doc bloggers, and they dumb it down so I can get it.

First I had water with lemon and cayenne pepper. Not so bad if you gulp it down. So the plan was all veggies, and a bit of fruit - nothing else.

I didn't have all of the ingredients for the green drink, so I made up my own: lots of ice, spinach, salad greens, cukes, avocado, flax seed, garlic, mint, Greens+ (spirulina/algae), and a pear. I don't have a juicer so I used my blender, so it was really thick and pulpy. The fruit helps it taste better, but it still tastes like you are eating grass, but with a minty tinge. Don't go far from the bathroom folks, especially if this is your first ever juice day!

At lunch i had butternut squash soup, you are supposed to eat raw soup, but I couldn't take it. So I had hot soup with some oyster crackers, I know I cheated. Watched some Venture Brother cartoons. So great, truly, such a great cartoon.

For a snack I had strawberry/raspberry juice - yum!!

Dinner I had more squash soup. Getting really cranky about this now. Really eyeing D's dinner and beer. Went through fits of headache/achy back, grumbling about why did I agree to do this again?? D reminds me of my committment. argh. Watched I am Legend - thought this movie was overrated, not as good as I thought it would be. Go to sleep.

Next day - repeat until dinner. Actually felt pretty great this day. Looking forward to Dinner at last!! Real food! I don't know how people do this for 3 days in a row.

I don't think I could commit to this all the time. I like the aspect of actually chewing my meals. But I am going to try to keep drinking the green drink in the morning, and have a salad for lunch the next week at least.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow! That is awesome...I have tried to detox a few times. Scott and I did a 10 day and I was so over it when the 10 days were up. He lost weight...I stayed the same. GRRR.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I know what a cuke is?! Not sure I want to know. I don't think I could do this for even half a day - you go girl!