So I have been trying for ages to stop drinking so much diet soda. I was drinking large quantities of it -- 32 oz a day, or more, no joke. Breakfast, lunch and dinner, it was Diet Coke. I couldn't stop drinking it, even though I have read lots of health reports about why you shouldn't drink it. I couldn't stop, I was an addict. I went to Argentina and bought a big bottle of water for the days we were there and it was agua CON gas, not agua SIN gas, so I was stuck drinking fizzy water for a week. I thought it was going to be like that water that comes out of the soda machine when the soda isn't mixed right, and didn't want to drink it. But I bought a 2 liter, and I was thirsty, and I already paid for it, so I drank it. Guess what happened next? You got it --- I started to enjoy the fizz, the mineral taste, the slight tang... So when I returned home, I found that I missed it, so I bought some. I did not at this point give up diet coke. I drank it side by side with the fizzy water. Last week we ran out of diet coke, and we didn't go to the store to buy any, and I didn't drink any at work, and after about 2 days, I didn't really miss it. Plus I found out that aspartame has been giving me headaches, so that was an extra bonus discovery. So now I am drinking fizzy water exclusively, and I don't plan to go back to the diet beverage that shall not be named again outloud.
So the moral of my story is: sometimes you have to go on a really expensive vacation far away to learn something that you could have learned at home for super cheap if you had only not been so stubborn that you didn't like something and simply tried it again.
March 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment