Something about Spring makes me want to sew. I visited SAS fabrics the other day which has some appliques I have my eyes on and so after plugging in my VCR and watching the ancient video tutorial on how to thread my serger about 30 times, it is finally threaded and ready to go. I am super excited, because now it means I can sew on knits, and other freaky fabrics. Stay tuned for postings of progress. My goal is to use the fabric and felt that I currently have, and use up some of my supplies. Some of my ideas include:
Quilt
Bag
Felted foods - super cute. I want to make something to go with my toast.
Cover for my sew machine
Cover for my serger
Skirt
Knitting still continues, I have finally mastered the knit and perl stitches, and I know one or two increase and decrease stitches, but its still pretty slow going. I am working on it though. I have made several scarves, a coaster, and am working on a variety of dishcloths.
Soon I will post some of my favorite crafty sites for those of you who like crafting.
March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sweet! Maybe you can show me how to cast off of my knitting! I'm still not very good at it.
I want to be crafty...
Happy Crafting :)
K
aw, missing crafternoons! i just pulled out my cinbin original purse for spring time!
Post a Comment