January 28, 2008

Learning to hand code...

I spent part of this weekend learning how to hand code and learning a bit of CSS too. I wanted to have some sort of web page to put up work samples and my resume, and since didn't really know much about hand coding, I thought it was good as any time to learn. The W3 tutorials really helped, and Dennis gave me lots of help with the jargon, and on my next go around I will learn a bit about how to organize my code better. For my first attempt, I am pretty happy with it. I did the page layouts, but Dennis snazzed it up with the sweet header and navigation. Check it out!

http://celliott.fezlab.com/


Now back to the pilot of Battlestar Galactica (don't knock it, its supposed to be a great show!)

1 comment:

Simmons B. Buntin said...

The page looks good Cindy, but hand-coding? Really? I know that's Dennis's thing, but if you teach yourself Dreamweaver you'll be much faster and, I think it's true, more marketable.

But of course I'm not a hand-coder, so what do I know?!