January 4, 2008

Just give into the Neti Pot already

I sing the praises of the neti pot loud and clear, and if you haven't heard about it, and you have any sinus issues whatsoever - cold, allergies, etc, you gotta get one. The NY Times did an article on the neti pot, (you have to sign up for it to read it, but really, as far as news go, you SHOULD already have a NYTimes account, its free after all.)

The neti pot really works, by just pouring a bit of warm salt water up in that open cavity under your eyes and nose you can clean out a lot of junk that accumulates from polution, your heater, animals, plants, whatever causes you distress. The article even talks about how it works for kids. I don't like to use antibotics unless I have to, and this is a painless way to avoid antibotics for sinus issues. I got mine at Walgreen's, but you can get a nice ceramic one at Wild Oats, or Whole Foods.

Yaay neti pot!

No comments: