This photo taken in Seattle in 2003 accurately expresses how I feel this week. ARgh. Ack.
I would much rather feel like this instead. Taken at Disneyland later that same year.The company I work for announced a merger this week. Its amazing to me that all 3 corporate entities that I have ever worked for, (excluding the ad agency, because it was anything but "corporate") have merged with another company while I worked there. I think I must have some sort of mojo that says, "sure, Cindy works here now, lets go ahead and merge." I lost my job at the two previous companies, so I guess its not surprising that I am a bit worried about my current situation. And it isn't looking good--one of the affiliated companies outsourced their library services, and let go all 45 of their content and information resources people in November. But who knows, I know that all the locations have a library, uncertainty abounds. Soo...I am knitting furiously.
A friend of mine says that when times get you down "just knit on through it." I knit, so I am going to do that, starting probably later this evening. Take out my frustration and perplexity on the yarn and needle, and maybe have something pretty afterwards. It definitely makes me feel better to publicly describe my uncertainty and worry, so if it isn't your thing, I am sure I will be back to posting my regularly scheduled silliness very soon.
I love academia - the colleagues, the faculty and the students, yes, I even miss the students. So I am now officially applying for jobs in academia. I updated my resume, had it vetted by a librarian, as well as a cover letter, and now all I have to do is send it out and see what happens..
A friend of mine says that when times get you down "just knit on through it." I knit, so I am going to do that, starting probably later this evening. Take out my frustration and perplexity on the yarn and needle, and maybe have something pretty afterwards. It definitely makes me feel better to publicly describe my uncertainty and worry, so if it isn't your thing, I am sure I will be back to posting my regularly scheduled silliness very soon.
I love academia - the colleagues, the faculty and the students, yes, I even miss the students. So I am now officially applying for jobs in academia. I updated my resume, had it vetted by a librarian, as well as a cover letter, and now all I have to do is send it out and see what happens..
4 comments:
Hey sweetest. Thinking of you! I totally understand the work stress...no fun. But - I am looking forward to seeing your new knitting projects. :)
good philosophy of life... wish i was there for a good ol crafternoon! keep on, keeping on...
Sorry to hear about the uncertainty, Cindy, but you know I'd love to have you right back here in McClelland Hall! No Anchovies just isn't the same without you....
it's true cin and i in all our 1000s of years of being together we've rarely (1-2 years i think) had good job karma at the same time. Either one of us is working our butt off while the other is struggling, or lay offs are on the agenda and we're miserable. The good thing is I'm going to have a 60ft scarf for valentines day. w00t!
Post a Comment