January 4, 2008

101 Revisited

So here it is a year later from my first 101 list. I thought I would take a look at what I finished in 2007, and what I still need to work on, and how ridic some of the things I put on there that sounded good at the time that I am truly not going to do--hello pinup photo, I mean seriously?? But that's all part of changing your mind from year to year about what is important, and I went through the list and made notes for 2007. Since I am not watching nearly as much tv because there are no new episodes of 30 Rock, or the Office, (thanks writers strike! ) and I think I have seen most of the Housewives of OC now, so I don't have to pay such close attention. What? You KNOW you watch that show, don't even play, some of you even watch Janice Dickinson's Modeling Agency I bet. I reviewed what I did this year, which works out to about 20%. Not bad. Probably about 1/2 of the remaining items I actually want to accomplish this year, and the rest, ack, who cares, or I lost interest. For 2008, high on the list is lose weight, save money, learn how to use my Mac and technology stuff, and craft more. I am adding some new stuff related to my library life, which might involve a new blog but not sure. For now, I am going to just focus on one or two things a week, and since there is no end to the writers strike, not too much out there to watch, I have more time..

Completed - 19 tasks!
  1. Remind myself daily to live in the present - this is SO hard argh
  2. Don’t go to bed angry - good lesson to learn
  3. Visit somewhere I have never been at least once a year - DC, Portland, Baltimore, Buenos Aires
  4. Visit 1 new country - Argentina!
  5. Take Dennis on driving trip up Hwy 101 - Coast of Oregon baby!
  6. Visit the East Coast - mid Atlantic states, still need the rest of the east
  7. Visit Portland - oh, the beer, the trees, the lifestyle, I wanna move!
  8. Answer all emails within 48 hours during Spring semester - this seems like forever ago...
  9. Visit one SLA or ALA conference - SLA June 07
  10. Join SLA/ALA subcommittee - Biz & Finance, Southern AZ Chapter
  11. Graduate from library school with honors - sweet, now I get to join the honors fraternity
  12. Watch one new documentary a month - I heart these! Go watch No End in Sight!
  13. Meet with 3 professional librarians - Go librarians!
  14. Meet up with friends as often as possible- Yaay friends!!
  15. Find and restore craft desk - I actually just "found" one at Ikea, but I did put it together.
  16. Buy a new car - Zoom, zoom, zoom
  17. Go through storage/file cabinet and purge items I don’t need once every 3 months
  18. Try a new wine every other week - pinot grigio became a fav this year.
  19. Reduce and Recycle: 10 new things: Ergo, switch out all light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs

Need to work on

Donate clothes I don’t wear after 3 months -
Create a yearly budget and schedule and stick to it
Use 1/3 month salary to pay credit cards off
Pay credit cards off every month after initial payoff
Save 1/2 month salary until 3 months salary saved for cushion
After 3 months salary is saved, invest 10-15 percent of salary every month
Cook at home 4 nights a week
Bring lunch to work 4 days a week
Cardio for 40 minutes 4 days per week
Strength train 3 days a week
Complete 20 men’s style pushups
Get waistline to 28 inches
Fit into a pair of Joe’s Jeans
Train for a 1/2 marathon
Complete 1 high pull-up at gym
Eat veggies with lunch and dinner
Make 1 or more new recipes every week
Try a new restaurant every month
Create 3 signature cooking dishes
Learn to do plank pose
Do a forearm or headstand without touching the wall
Learn to do monkey pose
Learn to do a standing forward bend where my head touches my legs
Learn to do crane pose
Learn to meditate
Practice yoga twice a week.
Perform 10 random acts of kindness
Visit ten new states
Visit Austin
Visit Library of Congress in D.C.
Visit Yellowstone and Grand Tetons with Dennis
Go snorkeling in Kauaii or Belize
Kayak around the Orca Islands in WA
Hike ten new trails
Sleep under the stars
Go camping with Dennis
Relearn all countries and their capitals, and locate on map
Relearn spanish
Teach myself Dreamweaver
Teach myself Photoshop
Make my own website
Learn how to use my Mac
Learn 1 or more new words a week
Keep and update calendar for all appointments
Read Library Trade pubs bi-weekly
Check current events every day for 6 months
Grow an herb garden
Listen to at least one new band’s album every month
See 25 bands in concert
Watch the top 100 AFI movies
Take a photo every other day for blog
Work on a craft project every week
Learn one song on the clarinet again
Learn to ski
Make a fused glass plate
Learn how to use my camera
Make a fabulous cupcake
Play tennis once a month
Get two new houseplants and keep them alive
Write in my personal blog every few days
Wear a string bikini on a beach
Be photographed in a string bikini on beach
Make baby blanket for Ali’s first baby
Use the supplies in my craft desk
Learn to make a great martini
Dress as a 40’s pin up model and drink martini at Shelter. Be photographed.
Add one design element to each room in the house every month
Replant the front walkway with flowers
Keep a journal for gratitude, ideas, thoughts, etc, three times a week
Draw sketches in art idea book once a week.
Create ongoing soundtrack to my life memories
Create imovie
Walk with Dennis to B&N for coffee more often
Create a piece of art that is displayed in house
Hike Havasupai Canyon
Fix shower grout and resurface tub
Visit 5 cities that might be fun to live in
Organize all recipes
Ride the rapids somewhere
Save $20 a month for Dodie’s charity
See Radiohead again
Start new 101 list

1 comment:

Atomicprncss said...

Way cool! How did you come up with this list?!