February 12, 2008

Can my ipod read my thoughts?

Today I was listening to my ipod at work, and listening to my ipod makes me feel better. I feel a bit uncertain is the best way to describe it. My office has weird energy lately, my company got bought out, so people are nervous about the "realignment" as they call it, and it was announced that one of our engineers who was only 34 died suddenly sunday, so it feels weird and sad here. I turned on my ipod for some good distraction and to put me in a better mood. My ipod played the following songs in a row:

I want to be adored - The Stone Roses
Push It - Stereototal ( my ipod plays this often for some reason. It likes to Push It. )
Happy Song - Otis Redding
Nowhere fast - The Smiths
Almost Over - Elliott Smith

I swear my ipod read my mind and picked these songs for me. Do you ever think your ipod can read your mind and pick songs that exactly describe that moment? It reminds me of a book/movie where the character opens the bible up to a random page to tell her future. But the ipod tells its truth by song title -Not by meaning of the song, but by song title alone. Do I feel like I need to be adored? Is the rough spot almost over? Should I just "push" through it? Is it true that all things will pass? All the spiritual leaders say that. Is the ipod telling me to just be happy? Maybe my ipod is my spiritual leader? Is it telling me something? Once I noticed it though, the ipod knew I was on to it and then it played "Snakes" by ODB, and "Optimo" by Liquid Liquid and those songs didn't fit, so alas the mind reading grouping was over. But the ipod worked its magic and I am in a much better mood now, just thinking that maybe, just maybe my ipod is my homeboy, my little buddy at work. Does my ipod really know how to tell the future or is it just me channeling energy into my ipod? Well the next song is --little child runnin wild" by Curtis Mayfield and then "goodbye horses" by lazurus, so i guess its telling me my imagination is running wild and now its saying goodbye. fine ipod! Next song? "Dumbhead" by Ginny Arnell and I am not kidding.

1 comment:

Simmons B. Buntin said...

What's an iPod?

Hey, are you coming to the Barrio for lunch on Wednesday? You better, girl. I need to see the new car (and oh yeah: you, too!).