Throughout the evening it snowed. No cars on the road, no one wanted to go outside. Then Dennis and I decided we had to see the movie Idiocracy by Mike Judget and went out to Casa Video, pick up some dinner about 6, and the flakes were coming down furiously. I got nervous and made Dennis drive, not that the kid from Hawaii knew how to drive in snow any better than the kid from Arizona, but the roads were becoming covered in snow, and my windows fogged up quite a bit. The kids working at Pei Wei were all taking turns playing in the snow, and when we drove home, our neighbors were all outside taking it in. This is quite a big deal. It only really snows every five years here, my mom remembers it snowing on Easter one year, but I was really little and probably thought it was awesome.
January 22, 2007
SNOW!
You have to understand the wonderment of snow to a Southern Arizonan. It doesn't happen that often and when it does, we get giddy and amazed by it, and must take photos. I can remember all the snowfalls of my life, one year it happened on Christmas. So today, I am dedicating the blog to SNOW!! It rained most of the afternoon, until around 4pm when it started to snow, it is hard to tell from this photo, my camera does have a snow feature, but the shutter speed is really long and it is hard to get a good handheld shot of it...

Throughout the evening it snowed. No cars on the road, no one wanted to go outside. Then Dennis and I decided we had to see the movie Idiocracy by Mike Judget and went out to Casa Video, pick up some dinner about 6, and the flakes were coming down furiously. I got nervous and made Dennis drive, not that the kid from Hawaii knew how to drive in snow any better than the kid from Arizona, but the roads were becoming covered in snow, and my windows fogged up quite a bit. The kids working at Pei Wei were all taking turns playing in the snow, and when we drove home, our neighbors were all outside taking it in. This is quite a big deal. It only really snows every five years here, my mom remembers it snowing on Easter one year, but I was really little and probably thought it was awesome.
It didn't snow all night, it stopped around 8 or 9 and stuck. The schools closed until noon, and some are closed all day, and I am stalling going to work because the roads are icy. Here is what some morning photos look like.



I am warming my car up and heading off to work. We have a snow warning all day.
Throughout the evening it snowed. No cars on the road, no one wanted to go outside. Then Dennis and I decided we had to see the movie Idiocracy by Mike Judget and went out to Casa Video, pick up some dinner about 6, and the flakes were coming down furiously. I got nervous and made Dennis drive, not that the kid from Hawaii knew how to drive in snow any better than the kid from Arizona, but the roads were becoming covered in snow, and my windows fogged up quite a bit. The kids working at Pei Wei were all taking turns playing in the snow, and when we drove home, our neighbors were all outside taking it in. This is quite a big deal. It only really snows every five years here, my mom remembers it snowing on Easter one year, but I was really little and probably thought it was awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I object i did fantastic driving in the snow...
I can't believe that you guys got that much snow. No fair.
my goodness! are you getting good at photoshop to play a little trick?! that's unreal.
The snow was awesome! So too is Dennis's new look---just in time for the wintry weather. I posted a bunch of snow photos from Saguaro National Park East on my blog, too!
Post a Comment