This sunset was gorgeous, I took it last thursday, and the photo would be beautiful without the powerlines. I tried to get home to snap it before it got too low in the sky, and then I attempted to get up higher, but without success, but you can imagine how pretty it was. I will put out more of these.
Intellectual Refugee
In this class I am taking about library collection development, the professor asked us to tell a little about ourselves. I mentioned that I had worked in marketing, education, and was now becoming a librarian, and had quit more jobs than most of the students had ever had. I laugh about that because clearly, every two years I have a shift. I wonder if anyone is taking bets on how long I will be a librarian. Anyway, the prof welcomed me as a "intellectual refugee" which he said he was, and I shouldn't be embarrassed by it.
I like the idea that I am part of some sort of movement, so I immediately started calling myself this, as I love the idea that there are of enough of us to coin a catch phrase. I wonder how many of us are roaming the earth in search of great intellectual stimulation in our work, the visual is sort of like the opposite of the zombie. Movie potential I think. Not a Documentary: if anyone is wondering about the future of America, rent Idiocracy movie by Mike Judge, where gatorade is used to water plants, and a professional wrestler is a president.
101 List Update -
New word a week
So I pulled the words from my GRE test, that I memorized for a brief while, but have forgotten since I don't use them for everyday speaking with college students. remember, so the first one is Vitriolic - which means, hard hearted, bitter.
Food/Workout
So I am eating veggies for dinner and lunch most days. Veggie juice for breakfast, tomato/butternut squash soup for lunch, and always a salad for dinner. And, drinking more water. I feel much better since I started doing this, and I have lost 5 pounds by doing nothing more than eating more veggies, soup, tea, and water. Now that my diet is under control, here comes the workout, which I haven't been so good about. I did play tennis twice this month, and despite the fact that I am really out of shape, and I can't chase any hard returns, my legs are coming back, and my strokes are improving. I also went for a 3 mile run which was pathetic. There is nothing more painful than starting to workout again. Ick.
January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You mean to say we're NOT supposed to water our plants with Gator-Ade. Oh man, that explains a lot....
Post a Comment