May 4, 2009

Perspective- vacation blues

Everything passes, and you won't always feel like this, good or bad, I remind myself.  Some days I wake up and I think, I feel sad, and I don't know why. I looked back to see what I wrote about in this blog a couple of years ago for some inspiration, or just to see what I was doing, and its amazing how many small things change over time and how many things stay the same, and how much perspective you can get from what you were doing two years ago. 

Two years ago I was preparing to go into my last few classes of grad school,  and this week I was on vacation in Portland. 

One year ago, I was on vacation in Utah, and when I got back wrote about not wanting to go to work. 

Its very comforting to know that its just this time of year, once it starts to get warm here,  when I know its the beginning of 4 months of hot weather, I just don't want to go to work and want to go on vacation. Apparently, I do this every year, so since I am not going on vacation right now, its particularly bad. 

Yaay, now I feel better. I just need to go on vacation :)   Thanks blog! 

2 comments:

Atomicprncss said...

I hear ya! I really want to go on vacation too! I have been wanting to for the last month! (Sigh)

Pam F. said...

I have the same problem this time of year! And usually we have a vacation planned but so far NOTHING!