February 20, 2009

Perfect late Tucson afternoon




Oh Tucson. Sometimes I get down on Tucson. Sometimes other people get down on Tucson and I don't defend her, and then I feel bad. Sometimes I get downright angry at Tucson, and want her to shape up! But sometimes Tucson is super sweet, like today.  I am no poet, but today made me want to talk that way. 

I went for a first run in a long time after work, it was 5ish, warm and breezy, 70's. The sun was still high in the sky, Pusch Ridge standing tall in the background, wildflowers starting to bloom. No ipod, just my thoughts and the run. 

Oro Valley is full of running paths, asphalt, but nice, and everywhere, I set off down the hill quick and slow up the hill,sometimes walking looking at the mcmansions with all the ornate copper driveway gates, and saying to myself , so that is who buys those. It felt pretty good to run, and walk, and just be outside in the warmth.  Sweaty, relaxed, I headed home down not so crowded streets, while the sun came down and I listened to Marketwatch.  Time for some dinner, a glass of wine, and some Top Chef that I forgot to tivo on Wed.  

Oh Tucson...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

This sounds pretty perfect! Oh Tucson I love you!