February 16, 2009

Lost Bag Found Bag

So this week has been a week of highs and lows -- On the high side I made some yummy vegan brownies, very chocolaty, thanks to tastespotting, saw Patton Oswalt at the Tempe Improv, who was hilarious, and Lily Allen put out a new album, yaay! 

On the low side, I had to collect urine from my cat, which took many hours of watchful waiting, and then finally ending at 3am, some plastic "litter" and a pissed off cat. Most days are somewhere in-between those. 

Lately I have been working on being in the present moment and accepting everything as it is right now, which can be hard sometimes.  So on Thurs I went to yoga like usual, but I parked a little farther away than I usually do, hoping that everything would be ok when I came out of yoga, but you know that little voice in your head that tells you when something isn't right? Well, I should have listened to the voice because when I came out of yoga, my right side passenger window was smashed in and two of my bags were stolen. 

So while I was wishing peace to all living things in the world, the thief got away with no money, but plenty of sensitive paperwork, a Vy and Elle messenger bag, an Eckhart Tolle book, and my favoriteist bag in the world--my yellow/brown/orange Brooklyn Industries bag that they don't make anymore. I know that it is just stuff, but I bought that BI bag on my first trip to NY, and so I loved that bag.  Oh well, we must accept what we can't change right?

So Sat I got a call from someone who found my VyandElle bag stuck in a tree  in  a park at 6th Ave and 1st St, which is probably a mile away from where it was lost on 4th. I can't thank Tom and Patty  enough for their kindness.   So the low changed into a high.   So from now on, everything goes in the trunk. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! That is the coolest Vy & Elle bag and when Dennis told me it was taken I nearly cried! Hooray for the found bag!! Boo-hiss for the BI bag still missing!

Rebecca said...

Next yoga is on me sweetie. So sad this happened, but glad that there was no wallet in there! xo - R

Julie said...

I know this is old news, but I have to reply anyway (just found your blog)--Patty and Tom are good friends of mine! How fun. Patty is an amazing person, massage therapist, was my doula during Clementine's birth, very very awesome inspiring and fun person. Small world.