I login to facebook and noticed that there is a group for the Fine Line, which is a dance club that some of us from Tucson will remember from the 80's and 90's. It got torn down and is now part of PCC downtown campus, but those of us that went there have fond memories of the place. The group has a discussion board, and posted music playlists, photos, and stories of what it was like to go there. D found a group made up of people that were air force brats stationed at Hickam Harbor in the 80's on Oahu. He shows me the group, and there are complete sets of class photos from 1984, total cultural touchstones from D's childhood.
I myself was tagged in some random photo wearing my oh so flattering green/gold pe outfit, complete with claw o hair. I found myself in another photo on the Fineline group, and I had forgotten what I looked like back then.
I am feeling like Facebook has become something of a cultural archive, and am really finding it interesting. I wonder what we will do if Facebook ever goes away, as it inevitably will succumb to another technology, and what will happen to all of those details of our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment