March 4, 2009

3 sewing projects in one weekend


I made this deal with myself to finish as many outstanding sewing projects as I could this month so I could make some room for some new projects I wanted to do. So far  I cleaned and organized the sewing supplies, figured out what I should make, and finished 3 easy projects.

First project - Shoe bag
I walk outside to work through a dusty dirt parking lot and my shoes are always super dirty so I made a shoe bag to carry my shoes in, and wear flip flops and then after I get to work, change them out for my regular shoes.  I can't wait to try it!

Second project - yoga bolster
I love yoga bolsters, for meditation, for sitting on, and for stretching out your back, they are great. So I made my own with a repurposed pillow case that I got at Savers in a cute floral pattern, I just cut it to the size I wanted, and sewed the sides. The top part of the pillow case made its own drawstring holder, so I didn't have to sew that. The hardest part was rolling up the cotton batting, that took some maneuvering. 

Third project - floor pillow
I had this soft upholstery fabric that was big enough for a floor pillow, so I cut it to size, pinned it, sewed three sides, and now I just need to blindstitch the inside and it will be done!




1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Yeah projects! I got some cute new fabric at joann's this weekend. Making myself finish a shirt I started awhile back before diving in to a new project. sewing weekend soon?