My grammy Betty Jane passed away on Mar 24 this week, she was 82. My grammy lived 10 minutes from where I grew up, so I was able to see her often, and have great memories of our times together. She really instilled in me the value and importance of family, and I miss her terribly already, and she will be greatly missed by our family and her many friends.

I loved so many things about my grammy, but here are just a few of my favorite things about her.

Senior bacculaureate ceremony. She was so proud of all of her grandkids.
I loved so many things about my grammy, but here are just a few of my favorite things about her.
She called everyone "sugar", or "darlin.'"
She called me "Cinderella", I thought that was the best thing ever when I was a kid.
She broke into song pretty much every conversation you ever had with her. It's a habit that was passed on to my mom and aunt, and some of the grandkids do it too now and again too.
When we were sick, we would come over to her house and drink coke with the bubbles stirred out, eat crackers, sit on the couch and watch soaps.
She was the best jacks player, she could scoop up "sixsies, and sevensies" with no problem at all. We would sit on the kitchen floor and play.
She loved Nestle Quik, the chocolate kind, she always had it around, and drank it almost everyday until she passed away.
She broke her ankle once many years ago, and had to spend a few days in the hospital, and got a troll doll (when those were popular) and named it "Klutzy." She talked to it, and the doll stuck, and became part of the family.

Gram camping with Klutzy and Ali's cabbage patch doll.
We would go on camping trips together, and she would tell me about growing up in Kentucky, sing songs, and play cards. Later on when we were grown, she and my grandpa took their RV all over the country and had a camping group that they summered with.
Grammy always is smiling, no matter what. Family dinner at Red Lobster. We did this often.She was so proud of all of her family and had such unconditional love for us, and I feel it as strong now as anytime. We love you and miss you grammy.
2 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss. Your grammy will surely be missed.
She would have gotten a kick out of all the things that you remember and cherished about her. She left a mark on your soul that will be treasured forever, like all good people do. I am sorry for your loss of this special woman.
Post a Comment