So Happy Holidays to us, D and I got our house broken into today, in broad daylight, with our neighbors home, and in plain view of the street when D went out for an appt that lasted 90 min. They broke in through our window in our dining room, and how they jimmied that window open who knows, but they were wearing Adidas, I recognize the zigzag pattern on the bottom of their shoe, and they made off with our computers, and my jewelry, which isn't worth a ton, but was very sentimental, my glasses, and one of our pillowcases.
They went through all our bedroom drawers and ransacked the bedroom, and then made off with the computers, so if you have valuables, or even stuff you like, may I suggest you keep it under your bathroom sink, or where you keep your wine glasses or something.
Since I work for a place with tighter security than the pentagon, D & I will not be available online much, until we can get new computers, and wish me luck as I go through the gut wrenching experience of attempting to pretend I want to buy something at a pawn shop and go look for my stuff. Sigh.
I am at my dad's changing all my online passwords, and letting people know we can only be reached by phone. But at least I still have my tv, and can watch Top Chef...small pleasures people, small pleasures.:)
See you all soon again!
December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What is wrong with people! It was a year and 1 month ago when stupid people broke in and stole our stuff too. Make sure you account for everything missing. It took me almost 3 weeks to realize they took off with my purse collection. Glad you are safe!
I am so sorry - that sucks! People are MEAN!! Scary that me, Stacey, and now you have all had the same experience. Glad you are and Dennis are OK!
Oh geez, so sorry to hear about that! Yick. Take good care of yourselves...
thinking of you. call if you and den want to stay at our place for a few nights for a downtown getaway? scott leaves on the 24th. love you.
Post a Comment