January 5, 2009

Yippee, its fine! It's 2009!

My winter vacation...I really only took two days off, but I treated the week of Xmas and New Years like a "staycation" the entire week. The best part of New Year's for me was watching Dennis and our friend Elwood sing Rick Astley together, oh how bromantic.

I used the holidays as an excuse to eat as many gingersnaps, lemon cookies, chili, chips and salsa, stuffed mushrooms, 7 layer dip as I could possibly cram down (thank you/curse you Nikki!), to the point that my body is now screaming at me to consider a vegetable or two. I watched two episodes of the Brady Bunch that I had never seen before which I thought was impossible--anyone ever seen the one where they try to save the park? Or when Carol writes a story about her kids to a woman's magazine that gets rejected for being too realistic? Wha?
I watched many episodes of the Muppet Show which is funnier than I remember, and the band is still my favorite part, and a bizarrely wonderfully weird documentary called Cat Dancers, which I highly recommend. I am now super excited for the second half of season 4 of BattleStar which is coming on dvd tomorrow.

But I guess I should do some other stuff besides eat and watch tv, so I have begrudgingly put together a list of a few substitutions that have crossed my mind for this year.

I discovered that driving a longer distance with fewer lights is less stressful than a shorter distance with more lights. After this brilliant discovery, D and I are on the search for a house that requires me to drive through fewer lights than our current house, and is reasonably priced, and cute, and old, and is not in the OV. Insane? Maybe.

Substitute veggies for cheese and chips very often.

Substitute herbal tea for wine more often than not.

Move my body many times a week in the form of yoga, running, and weights.

Substitute a book for a tv show more often. I started this already and am reading a hilarious book by a McSweeney's author who used to work at the public library as a librarian, he even went to library school. Next is the last two books in the Twilight series and Dewey the cat who saved the library..aww..

Substitute a few days of Inner peace and radical acceptance instead of constant panic and worry.

Substitute knitting for whining more often.

I think Im good with that.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

What a great list my dear. I hope to see you soon. We just got back from Mexico....ahhhh