May 7, 2008

Vacay blues

Ok, so I arrived home last night at 9 from our road trip vacay and now I have the blues. I am back at work, and don't wanna be back at work yet, so I am bummed. It was so much fun to escape from my every day reality and be somewhere else for a few days, and do something different every day for a few days. I am wondering what it would be like to change jobs every few months and be a rafting or a climbing guide, live in a cool small town for a few months, and then move on to another cool small town for another few months and teach skiing or snowboarding, or some other sport, and then go somewhere else and do it all over again---meet new people everyday, work in amazing places, and test your skills in a way that my desk job doesn't do. The practical side of me of course thinks its a bad idea, but the dreamer side of me thinks it would be awesome! Someday I hope to figure out how to have the best of both worlds and work a 3-4 day work week, and play the other days of the week on a regular basis. Wouldn't that be fun!

2 comments:

Atomicprncss said...

Awesome photos! How did D like camping?

Rebecca said...

I missed you Cin. Can't wait to hear about the trip. Maybe over some belated birthday beers @ the brewery?