I have been doing lots of yoga and my body is bending in ways that it never has, so there is bound to be some sore muscles right? So this afternoon I had to get a massage to work on my left shoulder since it was all in knots. OMG. Seriously, when the masseuse says do you like gentle, medium or hard pressure, don't say hard, cuz you open yourself up to a world of hurt if you say you can take hard.. I told her medium to hard, "I can take a lot of pressure" and I regret saying that! You know when someone bends your fingers back and you say mercy? I cried mercy and she told me "ok, I will go easier, but to get through the hard pressure you need to breathe deeply into it." Sort of in that "if you don't take the pressure it isn't going to get better" voice. So I said, "no its ok, you can do it hard", and womaned up and took the pain.
As an aside---I hope childbirth doesnt feel like this, I remember Carol Burnett said one time that childbirth was like pulling her upper lip over her head, and I can't even imagine how much that hurts. My muscle knots burn and just freakin hurt.. Tears welled up in my eyes, I could feel the lumps in my back that wouldn't release. Then she did something called "coining" and squeezed the fat and muscle under my arms which apparently is still my pec muscles by my boobs and I almost couldn't handle it. She found all the pressure points and really did them in. Finally she let up and it was over.
My shoulder does feel better and loosened up, so I guess it was worth that pain. Providence Institute people don't mess around.
May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment