I haven't felt like blogging for the last three weeks, it could be the heat which has been darn near oppressive. But the nights and mornings are cooling off, and I seem to be able to collect my thoughts better. Earlier this week I had a bout of flu which kept me couchridden for a few days. I watched an 8 hour marathon of the show Greek. It runs on the ABC Family channel, and is renewed for a second season starting in January. Overall, it does a good job of showing college life, it even shows an advisor telling a student she would have to be here 5 years, after the student realized that she would have to take science classes in order to be a troubled intern, who is looking for her McDreamy. The advisor was kind of stern looking, but some of us get like that from time to time. It wouldn't be a show I would have kids watch under 14 or 15, there is quite a bit of drinking and hanky panky going on, and even a game of beer pong.
Mostly I have been catching up on the best show I have ever seen called The Wire. It ran on HBO and I missed it, and have been watching it on dvd. The fourth season is coming out on DVD sometime before the beginning of the year, and the 5th season is beginning in Jan on HBO. If you like crime dramas, this is the best one you will see, and all seasons are strong and worth watching. BTW, this isn't one of those shows that will make you feel good about our "system", but not all shows have to be The Hills right?
I start a new temp part-time library position at a local business with their corporate librarian for a few months, yaay! This city has few corporate libraries, so it is exciting to work in one. Although I know I have been in academia a long time when I walked into the office. Why companies insist on making offices without windows and stuffing people into tiny cubes in a giant cave is beyond me. Temporarily, yes, I can handle it, but long term? I said the same thing 3 years ago when I moved from the corporate to academic environ, but going back again should be interesting. I am not sure how I stand on that just yet.
September 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment