September 20, 2007

Car Buying in 2007

So I am finally getting a new vehicle after 15 years. So the last time I bought a car was in 1993 when cars had tape decks only. I decided I wanted a car, so I have been reading reviews of many different kinds - Honda, Mazda, Toyota mostly. Finally I went and looked at cars in person, but on Sunday when the salespeople aren't there. I am not sure why I did this, I guess I sorta feel like a sales person is going to hold me hostage until I agree to something even though I am not ready to buy, which I know is completely unrealistic, they aren't snake charmers after all, they don't play a flute that mesmerizes us all into submission. I DO have the ability to walk away. I just find them like the people that hand you flyers, its like you instantaneously reach up to grab a flyer, knowing you don't want one. Then you take it and say to yourself, "why did I do that?" Who knows. Maybe the flyer people are snake charmers. Anyway, I know what I want now, its a Mazda 3, which also happens to be the same car that D wants. Interesting conundrum. How precious is it that we both want Mazda 3's? D wants a 5 door at least, I am going with a sedan. We have to negotiate the color, because we both have similar color aesthetics, which is great for choosing a paint color for our house, but kinda funny that we like the same car colors IN the same car make. So look for matching Mazda 3's coming your way. Unless I go for the new Civic, which is gorgeous too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ohhhh, no more pick up truck? =)