September 20, 2007

18 days till Argentina

I am headed to Buenos Aires for a week in 18 days, and I couldn't be happier about that. The flight is about 8 hours from Dallas, and we rented an apartment there, and I am excited about turning on the water and watching it go the other way around, this I have never done before, BUT I do have visit South American on my 101 list, so yaay.

Argentinians were described by Lonely Planet by an old saying, "Argentinians aka Portenos are Italians that speak Spanish, who think they are French, and act like they are English." This description sounds very interesting and I am curious about this depiction, even though I don't even really know what it means. I have also heard that portenos are very into their bodies and anyone over a size 8 will have trouble finding clothes, so I will hope just for the souvenir t-shirt, and not a complete outfit. I am told that I will be eating lots of beef, eating french fries, drinking red wine, eating dinner at 10 pm and going to bed at 8am, which all sounds very fun and indulgent. I am hoping to eat and drink and walk, and picture take, and then purchase a new purse and pick up some fun item to display in my house, which will be my only goal besides drinking in the culture and sights, as much as we can do in a week. The funniest thing about the trip so far is that Oktoberfest is alive and well there. Huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to live vicariously and hear/see more!