June 24, 2008

I want it to rain!

I am so ready for the rain, its been long enough that rain sounds like the most fabulous thing ever. It spit outside my house last night, just enough to put little dirt marks in my car, but not enough to cool down the outside. But the lightning was fabulous. Let's all practice the law of attraction and imagine ourselves outside in a summer monsoon and maybe it will show up.

I went to the Special Libraries Association meeting last week in Seattle, ahh, what nice weather. I had a nice visit with a good friend and her delightful family who lives there and said the locals were upset and calling it Junuary since it was in the 50s. I couldn't help enjoying the weather considering it is 110 yuck here, ah to wear a jacket without sweating. Check out my photos of the Seattle Public Library downtown, truly an amazing looking building.

SYTYCD update:
Twitchington rocked the hip hop last night. That Busta routine was SIC, or SICK if you are Kherington. I was really impressed with Kherington's abilities, she managed to do the hip hop with just enough edge, and avoided the pitfalls of lack o rhythm (poor chris) and not too cheerleadery. And Twitch did his thing, but whats with the Fresh Prince of Bel Air look?

Will and Jessica. I heart Will. He even rocked the disco which is notoriously cheesy looking. His partner Jessica can not shine with him, he is just too shiny a star.

Josh and Katee. That boy rocked the samba. Seriously, this guy can do everything. I think Katee is really going to start stepping up, she is doing better and better.

Mark and Chelsie. I love Mark, he really is a chameleon, so quirky, and it works. Chelsie needs to be less cheerleadery to work it til the end i think, but she can do it.

Kourtney and Matt. I am really on the fence with these guys. Great technical dancers, but I don't really care about them much. However, that new choreographer did some crazy stuff, looking forward to seeing more of her stuff.

Courtney and Gev. These guys aren't really pulling it off, even with 1/2 a dress. On the fence.

Comfort and Chris. Ugh. That dance was terrible, really really awful. And to MM? Really bad.

Chelsea and Thayne. That quickstep is a sure fire way to get you having to fight for your life. But this was just bad too, really bad. Not as bad as Comfort and Chris, but pretty bad.

1 comment:

Atomicprncss said...

Its raining now! Got caught in a total downpour in midtown today....lighting, thunder and all!