February 3, 2010

Pumpkin is just another squash

Last night we had stirfry - chicken, brown rice, red pepper flakes, curry powder, celery, fresh green beans, canned tomatoes, an onion, one carrot and some stirfry sauce. This concoction turned out pretty good, which I guess proves that you can really make stirfry out of anything.

For tonite's dinner, I had a small sugar pumpkin that I was going to make a pie with, but instead decided to cook and puree it, mix it with some butter, red pepper flakes, nutmeg, a pinch of sugar,  parm cheese, salt/pepper, and a bit o bacon bits. I can't believe I was ever afraid to do anything to a pumpkin other than carve it for Halloween. This was my first experience cooking with pumpkin, and I will do it again. It is so pretty and orange, and tastes great, so I will definitely cook with it again.  D doesn't like the concoction so much and is having the left over stirfry for dinner instead.

 I found this pic, my pasta wasn't nearly as pretty.


The fridge is getting empty, and my lunches are getting weirder. I have been eating applesauce, hummus and celery, and lara bars for lunch all week.

1 comment:

Bluiedprincess said...

She's baaaaaccckkk!!!! :)