September 14, 2009

3 years of blogging, where does the time go?

I started this blog as part of an assignment for a grad class I was taking three years ago today because I wanted to catalog my life in a way I haven't done before, tiny event by tiny event. Here I am three years later looking at it like an archive. Events that happened two years ago that I would have forgotten about are now neatly organized, and easy to revisit anytime, regardless if they are memorable or not.


I took this picture last week when it was raining in some other part of town, and thought it was really beautiful with the sun shining through the rain. 

When your memories are splayed out like a list of 134 posts in Blog.ger, it becomes easier to see your patterns, and notice that the things that you thought are out of the ordinary, in retrospect are not unusual for you. When I look back on the posts, all this wonderful and awful stuff happened all at the same time, which is sort of comforting right? Life just ebbs and flows like that and you can count on that it will continue.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

very well put!