September 4, 2008

Can we talk about the new 90210?

Ok first, I love me some good melodramic camp. So I was happy to see Brenda and Kelly and Nat, even if briefly. Nostalgia maybe for the 90's, but I watched the new 90210 and I am not so sure. Super schmancy kids ala Gossip Girl, OC, and LB who buy friends dresses at boutiques, and fly dates to SF for a date. But a drunk grandma who talks about how good her granddaughters booty looks? Uh. The journalist is now a blogger, and of course all of the usual melodrama and bad acting is there - someone gets cheated on, someone's name gets run thru the gossip mill, and someone's parents are messed up, and whew, the farm family thought about moving back to Kansas, all typical 90210 story lines. But, the music was Tilly and the Wall, which was a great pick for the show. Some of the campy goodness of the original, without the charm I think.

But can we talk about Kelly's new haircut? I heart it. Its 80's but modern, like that blond girls hair in Sixteen Candles who gets drunk and gets her hair stuck in the door so they have to cut it. I had several iterations of her 90's hairdo's and after that first year, her hair usually looked cute.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you blogged about 90210. I watched the season premier and really liked it. I was going to email you about it since I figured of all my friends, you were the most likely to have watched and hopefully, enjoyed it. Glad we'll be able to continue to chat about TV. =)

Anonymous said...

So I tried to watch it but just could not get into it. I liked the old one better and to me they tried way to hard. But I did like Jennie Garth's hair as well!

Rebecca said...

I gave it another try last night, and still can't really get in to the characters. Ahhh! I really want to like it...it fits in with all the other shows I love...but I think I have to give up on the 90210. Did you see Michael from The Wire? Totally different role huh?