July 14, 2008

Weekend Update

This weekend was one of those great hazy summer weekends. So my blog post today, is sorta scattered and meandering and banal, so read at your own risk.

It was hot outside but cloudy and humid, and it rained a bit in the afternoons, and I love to flop on the couch and watch movies in the afternoons on these kinds of days and then nap so I watched Nancy Drew, which I thought was really well done and fun, and I was a huge fan of the books so I was happy to see the school girl sleuth at it again. Encyclopedia Brown? That should be a movie too.

Also for some reason this weather signals some impulse in my brain to clean out closets, drawers, etc. so I attacked my giant container of articles and stuff from grad school that I put away last summer and its been sitting there in our office ever since gathering dust and acting like a kitty jump off point. I was so excited that Girls Just Want to Have Fun was on tv when I had to clean it out, so I watched the whole thing and finished up the box by the end. I luv dance movies so much, especially from the 80's...I love those outfits. And the giant glasses, I saw a hip gal wearing some giant 80's glasses sat night at a rock show I went to. LOVE IT.

Other stuff I did
Went to my niece's synchro swimming match - and their routines were so cute. This is great exercise for kids, too.

Cleaned the house, laundry, grocery shopped, fixed my tire. BOR-ING.

Saw Hellboy, celebrated some bday's, went to a awesome rock show & saw some peeps I hadn't seen in awhile, talked to an old student at the Shanty who is going to graduate finally in December.

All in all, a good weekend.

No comments: