So a few weeks ago I received my parking permit sticker for my garage. It goes on this little white block that resembles a piece of cheddar cheese, but white and plastic. I put it away somewhere until I was done with school. So last Monday the permit people put up a sign that said to start using the new permit sticker. I thought I would have a few days to find the permit again, since I had to look in all my piled up papers, coupons, articles etc, that had been stuck in a box, but alas, no permit sticker. I thought I had thrown it away somehow.
Crap. I called the permit people and they said I needed to buy another one, $30 bucks. Argh. Later that day, I am ready to go get my new permit, and stand in a ridiculously long line to get a new one, and as I am walking over there I found it in my bag. Yippee!!! I put it back in my bag and go back to work. Again I go to my car, and I see the sign to change out my permit, so I pull it out of my bag and put it on my dashboard. Cool. See a problem yet? I didn't put it on my plastic cheese.
This weekend I wrote out some cards, bills, etc, and took them to the post office Monday, the first day of fall semester, which is a crap day as an advisor. I was pretty flustered and preoccupied because it was the first day, I knew it was going to be busy, and we had no classes for students, and I was tired of crying girls with craterlike cleavage in my office who can't pass classes, and seniors who come to school the first day with no classes, so I didn't want to go to work. So I pull up to the blue box at the Post Office and put my letters in there. Guess what? Yes, I mailed my permit, *&^*^*^*!!!!. Of course I didn't realize this until I drove up to the parking garage. Double Crap. So I go into work, and tell my new coworker what I did and he laughs and says "the stuff that happens to you, doesn't happen to normal people, its like a Seinfeld episode." He says, "I didn't think people existed like you, now I know, the writers are writing about you." Nice. Deflated. Pouting.
I felt very defeated, and stupid, I mean, not only because I found the permit, but I then lost it again, and had to call the post office to try to get it back, was it worth $30? The PO people also laughed at me, and said, "why did you do that?" I again felt defeated. They said they would try to find it, but could I get there by 4? NO, I couldn't, I had the first day of school to deal with, which was a nightmare. Doesn't this crap happen to anyone else?
Again felt defeated. So it was really busy, I probably saw 50 students and gave kleenex to 6 super cleavaged sorority girls, btw - what is seriously up with the college girl cleavage these days? I mean it is really insane!! In my day it was butt cleavage, so now we have boob cleav again. Anyway, so I get ready to go home, and I am looking for my keys which I never put in the same place, and I find my stupid permit again. I realized I took it off the dashboard and put it in my bag again so I wouldn't mail it. Here I am trying to save myself from myself without knowing it. I tell this to Ben the new guy, who then hysterically laughs again, but of course he isn't laughing at me, he is laughing with me, right? ha hah. Defeated once more, at least I found the flippin thing, and this time I put it on the cheese when I got in the car.
August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment