August 21, 2007

East Coast. Roller Derby. Superbad.

This weekend was rad. I didn't do any homework, I watched a movie in the theatre the weekend it came out and I am finally getting used to the idea that I don't have any reading to do that can be found in an academic journal. I didn't realize how stressed out I was from the schedule I have been keeping this summer, suddenly I find I have time to meander around. I now have a schedule now that gives me Tues and Thurs mornings off, so I have some time to start the job process, and get on track with my other goals like dealing with the expanding hungryjack, oh dear. I recently saw a photo of myself with other girls and I look pregnant, isn't that the worst? Looking pg when you aren't? Stink. I digress, back to my Superrad weekend.

If you need a good laugh, go see SuperBad. It is the best movie out right now, another Judd Apatow creation, but this one is written by Seth Rogen and his friend Evan and their experiences in hs. Go see it immediately. You will laugh hysterically, Michael Cera (George Michael, Arrested Development) reminds me of someone I love dearly, and the other kids in the movie are beyond funny, McLovin? Come on who are you Seal? Ha hahahaha, so great. I was not a teenage boy, but was around alot of them and this is probably the most accurate high school film I have ever seen, and I have seen quite a few. No the best hs movie is not Can't Hardly Wait, or even Can't Buy Me Love, although I love those, this one is much better. Superbad is fun, and the girls look like hs girls, the guys look like hs guys, and it is raunchy fun.


Action so fast its blurry!

So this weekend I had a normal weekend. went to see Roller Derby. Yeah! I haven't been in a year, and nothing had really changed all that much except I didn't see many regulars, I think that is because the new team was playing, and they aren't very good. But the band The FANSS played, which is short for something that I can't remember, but it was great straight ahead punk rock.
But it seemed most people weren't into them and went outside to smoke. Bladeworld isn't great for that type of music because it is really loud and echoes everywhere and it makes it hard to really hear. However it sounds really great in the bathroom for some reason? The next couple of dates are in Sept. and will be packed-- playoffs and championship rounds, so if you go, go early. Its great people watching, I find it very entertaining. Happy Roller Derby Fans

My photos came out blurry, I guess I needed a tripod for those, since I don't have a fast enough camera to take them, but first D and I went with friends to East Coast Super Subs, a local favorite joint of mine. The original location had a fire and is now Cheba Hut which is also divine if you like subs, especially the White Widow, thank you D for introducing me to that. So East Coast is covered in East Coast sports paraphernelia and other 70's/80's posters. You know any joint is good when you see cops, firemen, and other assorted service people eating there, because those peeps eat everywhere, and know a good sandwich when they see one.

No comments: