July 16, 2007

Scott Baio is 45 and Single

So its been a good 12 days since my last post, and mostly I am just excited that it is now monsoon season. I love to see the clouds roll in, turn dark and stormy, lightning zigzaging across the sky. The moisture sits thickly in the air, cicadas chirp so loud, then it rains and rains and rains. And then if you are near some creosote bushes, the air smells sorta smoky sweet and clean.

I have 23 more days of school, and I have yet a lot to do: finish assignments, papers, rewrite my resume, and look for a library job. So when I need a diversion, I turn to my other favorite pasttime: TV. I have been pretty pissed at the cable company lately however for running Me and Dupree on HBO when it clearly has a scrambled signal. I mean come on, we have 9 different HBO's, its scrambled on every channel? I like to sit on the couch with my cats and D, and watch a show, and I hate trying to watch hoping the show will unscramble.

Then I found "Scott Baio is 45 and Single" on VH1. Oh the sweet nectar of VH1. The premise is that he hires a life coach to help him figure out why he is still single. He has to meet up with his ex-girlfriends and ask them what went wrong and what was right with the relationship. Have I hooked you yet? He has to say goodbye to his current girlfriend for 8 weeks and be celibate. To complicate matters, he has a group of buddies, one of whom is up to no good - Johhny V, who tries to make him break all his promises. Beats Big Brother anyday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

To my fellow reality/trashy/TV show addict, I LOVE it. I will be looking for this show to enjoy with you. Right now, Will and I are into Heros. Check it out if you can!

Cinbin said...

I totally need to rent the first season, I heard it was awesome!