April 11, 2007

Yes, the Dewey Decimal System has been keeping me busy..

I am a bad blogger, very very bad blogger. School is taking its toll on me. I really want to do anything but work on my last few papers and assignments. What is wrong with me? I know I only have 3 weeks left or so, but I can't seem to make myself do the work, and the more I wait, the more painful it will be...So I am blogging to avoid homework:)

My 101 list has been on hiatis for awhile, and alas, I am not really much further than when I started. But at risk of sounding like a wino, I have discovered McManis pinot grigio that has changed my life. It is the best $10 pinot grigio you will have, so those of you who aren't preggers and drink wine, try it out.


I also just got back from Vegas. We were to stay at MGM but got bumped up to a suite in the MGM Signature hotel that was only 7-10 short minutes away, which was much farther away than I thought. But when you see the pictures, who would complain?

A buddist shrine that was on display in front of Caesar's Palace with lots and lots of elephants. This photo doesn't do it justice, it was so shiny and beautiful, and the incense burning in front of it had this sweet pungent earthy smell. For a second I forgot I was in Vegas.


One of the most beautiful hotel displays I have ever seen. The hotel was a year old, and some singer named Josh Groban was there and so the hotel was booked up. I am not used to staying in such a gorgeous place, but that was good cuz we needed to hang out in the room later on. The bathroom looked like it was from a model home.

TIP: You too can get a suite. Check in around 3:30. Most value rooms in Vegas won't be cleaned yet, so the clerk has to give you an upgrade because they don't want you to have to wait. This has worked for me twice, maybe it will work for you!


Dennis and I look happy in this photo. Right before this photo was taken we had fish and chips with WARM tarter sauce at Caesar's Palace at the food court. I was hot, tired, and ready to eat, and didn't even think about what to eat, just picked what was right in front of me. A couple hours later I was sitting at the Wynn drinking a mojito in front of the waterfall, which was beautiful, except that I think sitting in the hot sun cooked the tarter sauce. A few hours later I had a great dinner of lobster gnocci, yum! And then Wham! the food poisoning set in from that stinkin' tarter sauce! First the girgly stomach, then the sweaty head, and then...you know what happens now..we went back to our rooms and stayed there, missing out on some Saturday night fun...but did get some needed sleep for the day trip home.

I think I am done with Vegas for awhile, been there probably 10 times in the last 5-6 years, and its time for a break.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I LOVE wine - and the Pinot Grigio is a good one!

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Hope you're all recovered; good reminder to avoid warm tartar sauce.